1(tastes/public) medianamente cultivado(reading) de nivel intelectual medio
- They do not like things that the vast middle class, middlebrow population likes.
- These are sometimes referred to as romantic novels, but actually, as I understand it, they were more in the nature of middlebrow novels about middle-class family life.
- I know of no rational argument which convinces me that plays that are enjoyed and discussed by intellectuals are any better than plays which entertain a middlebrow audience.
- No thoughtful reader today would dismiss them as predominantly insipid or expressing nothing beyond a contemporary middlebrow understanding.
- I wish that the middlebrow worshippers of the simple would read the nursery rhymes in the light of their original meaning!