- Health workers do not just need a more militant leadership, however, but an alternative political perspective.
- I've been amusing myself with the idea of militant liberalism or liberal extremists.
- But just because the ability to organise is so important to us, socialists are always the most militant defenders of democratic rights.
- The key question for students was to turn to the working class and arm this militant movement with a conscious socialist orientation.
- Ours is not a militant area, but support for the strike inside and outside the fire brigade remains high.
- On yet further occasions, she seems to represent a new intellectual phenomenon: militant social democracy.
- Communism has been replaced by equally totalistic and militant forms of nationalism and religious fundamentalism.
- One theme touched on was how the most militant activists should organise.
- Yet the impact of war soon made the munitions centres fertile ground for militant trade unionism and socialist agitation.
- We need to build a network of activists that can build militant protests against war, and can also deliver solidarity with all the groups of workers fighting back.
- It was successful in inflicting a massive defeat on the most militant sections of the working class.
- He was very much the acceptable face of militant republicanism.
- Once again, this stance expresses political passivity, this time dressed up in the garb of militant syndicalism.
- The generals in turn used the opportunity to crack down on more militant opponents and stabilise the political situation.
- The newspaper found that the three teenagers were not members of any militant organisation, nor was one of the older men.
- She deserves to be recalled as someone who showed how militant working class women could be active in a world dominated by male trade unionists in the 1920s.
- At the same time, Britain's bosses faced a very militant working class determined to defend their jobs, wages and conditions.
- It wasn't just the militant offices that walked out.
- The influx was to produce one of the state's most militant working class centres.
- Some delegates expressed anger over their union leaders' failure to call national, militant action over both privatisation and low pay.
- Some militants become active late in life, others at an early age.
- An army spokeswoman said troops had caught up with another militant who had fled the scene of the attack and killed him.
- Northern Ireland's most notorious Protestant militant is back in jail.
- In the ensuing gun battle one foreign militant was killed.
- During the raid, the troops captured another militant in the apartment.
- In the ensuing gun battle one militant was shot dead while his accomplice managed to slip into the other side.