In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He loathes war and militarism, and despises chauvinism in every form.
- We must concentrate on creating conditions to restrain militarism and military adventurism in the world.
- You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are.
- Based on this standpoint, we oppose every form of militarism and nationalism.
- Therefore, it came with a heavy baggage of chauvinist-nationalism and militarism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.