1this problem militates against his chances of success — este problema incide negativamente en sus posibilidades de éxito
- this evidence militates against the conspiracy theory — estas pruebas van en contra de / contradicen la teoría de una conspiración
- it militates in favor of their victory — es un factor a su favor
- Two factors militate against quick adjustments.
- Have the international community played a positive role or have they in fact militated against the development plans through the so called International Development Assistance agencies?
- We will therefore next examine some impacts of the Shinkansen on Japanese society and discuss changing circumstances which militate against the original ambitious plan.
- The example of Steele's drama suggests that the creation of new forms is readily possible, but that powerful traditions militate against too much change.
- However, there are several factors in the present case which militate against any retroactive spousal support.
- There are, however, powerful political forces that militate against any enduring settlement.
- In fact, the words of section 118 militate against that.
- There are some other small details militating against the jogging hypothesis.
- These factors can militate against researching and introducing new technologies.
- Further, there are in my judgment a number of factors which militate against the exercise of discretion to order an assessment.
- There are other significant differences, which militate against any viable agreement.
- The limitations discussed above, together with the shortness and simplicity of the musical phrases militate against any level of complexity of organisation of the musical material.
- Yet despite calls for increased quality, there are institutional and economic factors that militate against it.
- There were no special circumstances that would militate against prompt registration.
- They note that smoking is a major health problem among forensic psychiatric inpatients, and that a range of factors militate against effective interventions.
- There may also be factors which militate against the duty to give reasons.
- Of course, several circumstances militated against that happening.
- The problem with this cheerful notion is that circumstances militate against nature in the big city.
- Unfortunately, however, several factors militate against the fulfillment of these possibilities in modern Islam.
- Three facts, however, militate against this possibility.