In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To every one's enormous relief, the first mission turns out to be a milk run - hardly any flak, not a German fighter in the sky.
- It was a milk run, meaning it was an easy mission.
- It was supposed to be a milk run on the east side of the pass.
- While at first it looked like another milk run, it wasn't too long until something unusual happened.
- His first ride was a milk run to pick up supplies in Japan.
- My parents booked me on the Constitution, the liner that did the milk run from New York to Cannes.
- Her first mission is a milk run, which I gather means it is really easy.
viaje rutinario y sin complicaciones
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.