In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(onions/fruit) picar(meat) moler(meat) picar España Río de la Plataminced lamb — carne de cordero molida femenino
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the finely minced onion to a light brown.
- Mix together with a dash of lemon juice, plenty of salt to taste, a generous shake of dried red chili flakes and a finely minced green onion.
- She said: ‘I was in the kitchen mincing some meat when I heard this terrific bang.’
- I tried a coconut milk concoction called ‘Thai fire’ and a simple mixture of oil and minced garlic.
- A typical example is minced beef cobbler, braised lambs' liver and onions, stuffed tomatoes, seafood flan salad or mixed side salad - all at a reasonable price.
- And if you've ever tasted one of my tuna, pasta, vinegar, lemon, sweetcorn, chile, minced beef dishes, you'd be terrified at the idea.
- Tip into a bowl and mix in the lemon zest, chopped herbs, minced veal, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Tim dices the chicken, minces the onion, grates the ginger and mixes the meat with the spice and yogurt mixture.
- A trace of this practice survives in the serving of toast fingers with plain cooked minced meat, an adaptation made to the original dish in the 18th century.
- Add the mustard, minced lemon, caper mix, and parsley and pulse to combine.
- It can be cooked and served cold in sauce or stir-fried with pepper oil and minced spring onion with a weak fragrance of the buckwheat.
- Today, its crisped edges are soggy, and its corn, cheddar and minced fresh herbs are dry.
- He minced some garlic by hand and scraped it in, added the lime juice, and puréed the concoction until it was a thin soup.
- The potatoes are minced and mixed with chocolate.
- Finely chop the onion, mince the garlic and put these in a large bowl with the lemon juice and oil.
- Poultry, sausages and chopped or minced meat must always be thoroughly cooked.
- I sliced bread, chopped celery and carrots, and minced sausage.
- The meat was finely minced and flavored with cloves and bits of roasted pear, and when you mashed it up, it tasted like a sweet, exotic version of shepherd's pie.
- More filling are the Buffalo Chicken Wings with hot garlic sauce and Nakamura's Half Moon, which has minced vegetables in seasoning.
- Combine ground beef, minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
1(walk daintily)caminar con afectacióncaminar con amaneramientoshe minced across the room — cruzó la habitación caminando con afectación
2(speak affectedly)hablar en tono amaneradohablar con afectación
1carne molida femeninocarne picada femenino Río de la Plata España
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.