In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aceite de parafina masculinoparafina líquida femenino
- Products produced from petroleum, such as mineral oils, are classified as petrochemical pollutants.
- Most natural makeup bases use products such as jojoba oil and candelilla wax instead of petrochemicals such as mineral oil (a gasoline production by-product), says Upton.
- Neurons in the brain respond to the oily texture regardless of its exact chemical makeup; to these cells, coconut oil ‘tastes’ the same as peanut oil, corn oil, mineral oil, and silicone oil.
- Oils from non-food crops can be used to produce everything from plastics to cosmetics and offer a high grade, natural alternative to traditional mineral oils.
- As a general rule, you should try to avoid facial creams that contain mineral oils, which are petroleum-based, because they might leave a greasy film on your skin and clog your pores as a result.
- Petroleum and mineral oils clog your pores and do not allow them to properly regulate natural oil production, actually making your skin dryer in the long run.
- Where hardness can be sacrificed, whale, cotton seed and mineral oils are used.
- Swiss experts recently revealed that well over half of all mineral oils used in the production of chicken feed exceed Swiss safety limits between 10 and 100 times.
- Timely fungicide spraying and use of fogging with mineral oils will help to prevent this disease.
- There was no history of alcohol or drug abuse, ingestion of mineral oils or of recent travel.
- Mineral oil is not used in aromatherapy because mineral oil is not a natural product.
- Solid lubricants such as soap, molybdenum disulphide or graphite are preferred to mineral oils and greases.
- At that time virtually all available liquids, apart from vegetable and mineral oils, were acidic.
- These include such things as pumpkin, mineral oils and even butter.
- If you need to discontinue a prohibited product, such as a dairy-cow feed-supplement premix that contains mineral oil, research an approved substitute.
- Beware of products that contain petroleum or mineral oils; they will damage your leather goods over time.
- If you have a product, which is more than two years old, it is based on mineral oils.
- The whole country was scarred because people never expected malicious dealers to polish stale rice with mineral oil just to gain a higher price.
- He'd hang them on a clothesline, scrape them and then rub mineral oil into the skins.
- The singers have complained that theatrical fog - a mixture of alcohol and mineral oil - is a health hazard.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.