In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Stereochemistry is also important in geology, especially mineralogy, with dealing with silicon based geochemistry.
- He encouraged many young people to pursue mineralogy as a hobby.
- As for minerals, stunning displays of China's most recent contributions to the world of mineralogy will be there.
- In his research, Dunn found a new mineral that he named wroewolfeite, after his professor of mineralogy.
- Liebig was dismayed that ‘without a thorough knowledge of physics and chemistry, even without mineralogy, a man may be a great geologist in England’.
- The axiom that ‘simplicity is elegance’ applies to the science of mineralogy as well.
- One has to remember that France was the cradle of modern mineralogy, and many scientists of these times published their observations.
- This mineralogy is consistent with derivation from granitic or acidic high-grade metamorphic rocks.
- If not for some fortuitous timing, mineralogy would be without the current knowledge of blatonite.
- Following the war, Sinkankas renewed his interest in mineralogy and gemology.
- I have tried to cover the basic geology and mineralogy of the district and hit a few of the district's highlights.
- He made fundamental contributions to mining geology and metallurgy, mineralogy, structural geology, and paleontology.
- He was a true scholar, with interests in mineralogy, physics, natural history, chemistry, mathematics, and languages.
- These differences in age and regional distribution, together with those in chemistry and mineralogy, suggest two separate magmatic regimes.
- It was at this time that he took a course in geology, and from that time on he was as interested in mineralogy as he was in fish and game biology.
- The extensive exhibition incorporates biology, gemology, anthropology, mineralogy, and ecology.
- A tribute to him, including a summary of his many contributions to the field of mineralogy, appears in this issue.
- In any case, the contributions of Ibn Sina to several aspects of geology and mineralogy are significant in the history of these sciences.
- Renato's interest in mineralogy started in 1950, at age twelve, when he was living in Genoa.
- Frondel thus committed himself to a career in descriptive mineralogy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.