- Then in 1971 he dropped modernism and embraced the simplicities of medieval church music - at just the same time as Steve Reich and Philip Glass in New York were discovering repetitive minimalism.
- It uses ingredients of Javanese Gamelan drumming, Philip Glass-style minimalism and wind up music boxes with spinning ballerinas.
- A favorite of the great Czech conductor Rafael Kubelik, St Wenceslas prefigures late twentieth century minimalism with its repetitive chorale theme and luminous string figurations.
- Claiming to have been hugely into minimalism and avant-garde music by the time he hit high school, Jim O'Rourke's stock took a blow in the credibility department with me.
- The headliner for the Irving Plaza shows was Tortoise, an instrumental band that dips into minimalism, lounge music, jazz and rock.