In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)viceministro masculinoviceministra femenino
- The Minister of State at the Department of Trade and Industry is responsible for e-commerce within the government.
- The Minister of State said that Bord Gais and his Department have no plans for the development.
- The Minister of State is responsible to the Prince, not to the National Council elected by a general suffrage.
- He has since served as a Minister of State and a Shadow Secretary of State.
- The launch, which took place in Dublin's St Stephen's Green, was attended by Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children Brian Lenihan.
- Under the Rainbow Coalition, he served as a Minister of State at the Department of Health from 1994-1997.
- The result, 11,000 signatures on a petition that was handed over to the Minister of State at the Department of Health in November 2002.
- I welcome the comment last night by the Minister of State, Deputy Browne, that he will address and examine this issue.
- ‘We're working on it as best we can,’ said Minister of State for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, Noel Ahern.
- The event, in Alcuin College at the University of York, will feature the Minister of State for Pensions, Malcolm Wicks.
- She looks great, is intelligent, articulate etc but I was on Q&A with her and I asked her afterwards why she didn't challenge Noel Ahern, Minister of State on one topic.
- Conor was appointed as Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs last week.
- Two new health centres in Hounslow were opened by the Minister of State for NHS Delivery last week.
- The store was presented with the Excellence Ireland National Hygiene Mark by Minister of State for the Department of Agriculture and Food Noel Treacy.
- THE Minister of State for Agriculture and Food, Liam Aylward, has launched a new series of Teagasc leaflets on hedgerow management for farmers.
- He was then promoted to Minister of State at the same department just over a year later in July 1998.
- It was led by Ireland's Minister of State for the Marine, Mr John Browne, T.D. who was accompanied by Mr. Hugh Byrne, Chairman of Bord Iascaigh Mhara.
- Evaluation of the CDSPs will be launched by Frank Fahey, T.D., Minister of State at Forum, Letterfrack on Tuesday, 10th December.
- Sir Nicholas Bonsor was a Minister of State in the Foreign Office in the last Conservative Government.
- As a politician he became Minister of State and was one of the best known political figures of his time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.