In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salsa de menta femenino
- In England mint sauce is served with roast lamb.
- In his haste to serve her, he dropped the salvers of mint sauce and gravy into her lap.
- Serve roast lamb and vegetables with steamed green vegetables, gravy, and mint sauce.
- The most popular traditional dinner entrée is roast lamb with mint sauce, typically served with roasted potatoes, roast kumara (New Zealand's sweet potato), and roast pumpkin.
- Daily specials revolve around his roasts - on that evening, lamb and mint sauce for 285 baht, or beef and Yorkshire pud at 195 baht.
- Top green chili and mint sauce with one lobster ball.
- The rack of lamb was decent as lamb goes, despite being bathed in a brothlike substance called ‘zucchini mint sauce.’
- Vanessa says you always moan when the mint dies down and you can't get decent mint sauce to go with your roast lamb.
- Apparently in France this concept of putting mint sauce on perfectly good lamb brings about howls of laughter and derision.
- We didn't mention that they could serve lamb with mint sauce, because we didn't want to put them off.
- Small side dishes came with English mustard, horseradish sauce and mint sauce.
- Thus it was outshone by a lovely thick loin of rosy Stobo lamb in a tremendous rosemary and mint sauce which managed to be rich and concentrated yet not sticky.
- Easter is when we eat the new lamb - a roasted leg or shoulder served with mint sauce and potatoes in Britain, or a whole roasted lamb or kid in Italy and Greece.
- She doesn't sell French farmhouse cheeses or fresh bread, but British staples, including English tea, Marmite, custard powder, mint sauce and British-style bangers and bacon.
- We do have a home made, sugar free mint sauce and a home made oil and fat free vinaigrette salad dressing.
- On this occasion she ordered the roast leg of lamb with mint sauce.
- For £1 we got ourselves the pickle tray, incorporating the usual delights of mango chutney, curry paste, cucumber and mint sauce, and more besides.
- It broke under the slightest provocation from my fork and combined with the gravy and optional mint sauce, left a satisfying taste in the mouth.
- Following that, there were some steamed crabs that made their way to my plate, and then to get away from the totally seafood theme, we dined on a beautifully tender roast lamb, with mint sauce of course.
- Fiercely rare lamb chops were promptly and cheerfully redone to medium-rare, and their iffy-sounding mint sauce proved to be a tart-sweet demiglaze that didn't cloy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.