In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in detail)(examine/inspect) minuciosamente(inspect/examine) con minuciosidad(compare) detalladamentea minutely detailed description — una descripción con todo lujo de detalle(s)
- When it rains, the system applies the brakes minutely every few seconds to keep the pads dry.
- But what is wrong with attempting to make something elegant or cultured or minutely precise?
- We will also set up a tracking system to minutely monitor progress on each issue.
- Like gawking through a keyhole, every situation is richly textured, minutely detailed, and jammed full with voyeuristic glee.
- Some of these have involved minutely detailed descriptions of snare drum accents and eight-to-the-bar boogie-woogie rhythms.
2(in small degree)mínimamente
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.