In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This way, anyone who linked to your missing page in the past (or just mistyped the URL) is sending visitors to your site map.
- If I mistyped a domain name, I would get a site that did so many pop-ups and re-spawns that I had to reboot the computer.
- Unfortunately you mistyped your email address so I couldn't get back to you.
- I do not want to be asked if I want to buy a domain name that I obviously mistyped.
- Not only have they got the English a bit wrong, though no wronger than corporations often do; the address to which you are invited to click has been mistyped.
- Such executives could also unwittingly invoke illicit URLs by mistyping the web address of popular software firms, banks or even children's television programmes.
- I like Boris because I quite often mistype his name as Biros.
- ‘Twenty million times a day on our network, people mistype domains and don't get what they're looking for,’ he said.
- Configuration files are critical to a game program's well-being, and it's fairly easy to mistype something that causes the entire game to crash or act strangely.
- While working in the foreign currency department of a major bank as a data entry clerk, D mistyped a sort code and sent the money to parts unknown.
- Since two passwords are involved, the chances of one of the passwords being mistyped doubles.
- For instance, I habitually mistype the word ‘inspired’ as ‘insipid’ - which has, of course, a completely different meaning.
- If a user leaves out a field, or mistypes their area code, don't treat it as a catastrophe: Subtle errors deserve subtle messages.
- Names, addresses or dates of birth get mistyped.
- I mistyped something about fourteen hours ago.
- When I mistyped his name by forgetting a letter he sent me a story - so I'd remember that 'n'.
- And, yes, I did not mistype, his name actually was Wall.
- I mistype my own last name about 20% of the time, for some crazy reason.
- For example, if I search for " measu ’, I have fewer characters to type, which means fewer ways I can mistype my search pattern.
- People who have mistyped social security numbers will have to go through a lengthy process to right the error.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.