In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1malentendido masculinoI repeat, lest there be any misunderstanding — lo repito, para que no haya ningún malentendido
- they had a misunderstanding — tuvieron una diferencia
- misunderstanding about sth — malentendido sobre algo
- But I can understand how this misunderstanding happened
- This allows me to meet each student outside of lecture, correct misunderstandings, and catch errors in the forms.
- I want to correct a misunderstanding or mistake that may have been made in answer to question No.1.
- Summarise information to show patients they have been heard, and give them an opportunity to correct any misunderstandings.
- Were I to learn faster, I would now know better than to correct people's grammatical misunderstandings.
- They do not know what went wrong, how to correct misunderstandings or what steps need to be taken to make things right again.
- To correct his misunderstanding and misperceptions I have addressed the following open letter to him which touches upon some key concepts and basic points.
- His accomplished studies of human failure and misunderstanding are more than mere reels of celluloid.
- They are open to misunderstandings, misinterpretations, misgivings and mistakes.
- In part this was due to misunderstandings and to failures of communication.
- It is only right that a few myths and misunderstandings are corrected.
- The premier himself and the interpreter soon realized the misunderstanding and corrected the translation, to the amusement of everyone involved.
- This is best done in a tentative fashion, allowing the person to correct any misunderstandings.
- ‘We understand that the misunderstanding arose from the use of different types of terminology, and apologise for any confusion caused,’ she said.
- I couldn't even begin to understand what his misunderstanding was.
- The idea that mutual assured destruction is a policy choice shows a complete misunderstanding of the basic facts of existence.
- It is even difficult to tell whether these exchanges are promoting mutual understanding or increasing the misunderstandings.
- She said the lack of understanding or the misunderstanding of reporting procedures has, in some cases, led to unnecessarily prolonged investigations.
- Later he simply couldn't be bothered to correct the misunderstanding.
- This has resonated with audiences who find it cathartic - British sitcoms traditionally deal in failure, disappointment and misunderstanding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.