In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This goes well beyond any formal obligation on environmental mitigation and protection.
- This guidance also needs to cover best practice for mitigation and compensation.
- Not one of these forms of mitigation tells me what I want to know about art.
- There is some mitigation owing to the relationships between the parties.
- They are working on mitigation and contingency responses for a range of scenarios.
- This is a strategy not of flood prevention but of flood mitigation and control.
- Only Zionism - so at least Zionists believe - can provide some mitigation of this great tragedy.
- Prevention is not on; and timely mitigation is the only plausible solution.
- These are the things that drive expected value, that mitigation seeks to reduce.
- By way of mitigation, the hospital's general manager added that the hospital was ten years old.
- At that point, there will be aggravation from the state, mitigation from the defense.
- It will work towards creating public awareness, mitigation and taking action when a calamity strikes.
- Anyway, disaster mitigation is typically not an area where partisan divisions are relevant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.