In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She retired in 1997 with 14 singles, 20 doubles and three mixed doubles championship wins.
- The two have paired together at Wimbledon in the mixed doubles competition.
- OK, so she plays a mean game of mixed doubles, but her singles form recently has been awful.
- The result was not known till the final match, the number 1 mixed doubles.
- Which British pair won silver in the Olympic badminton mixed doubles?
- While the three-day competition saw the domination of the Malaysian men, the women's doubles and mixed doubles titles were captured by Singapore.
- The singles events each have 64 entrants and the doubles 32-there is no mixed doubles tournament.
- Perhaps a mixed doubles tournament would be a better choice for promotion.
- She is also a former Wimbledon champion, winning both the women's doubles and mixed doubles competitions.
- The championship will include team events, singles and mixed doubles.
- It also holds monthly American tournaments, which involves mixed doubles games where players draw for a partner.
- The super tiebreak system - in which the winner is the first to score 10 points - is being employed in the mixed doubles for the second year.
- One burst of centre court rain and you're propelled into a pre-recorded broadcast of that morning's mixed doubles first round from a court so far from the crowds it's barely in London.
- Due to international commitments only one match was possible in the mixed doubles this week.
- Two out of three mixed doubles matches extended right into three games, keeping both teams on their toes.
- The format for the knockout competition consisted of four singles matches, a boys and girls doubles game and two mixed doubles match ups.
- She is currently No. 1 womens and mixed doubles badminton player, and has gained twenty caps so far.
- This did not bode well for the mixed doubles tournament on Wednesday.
- She claimed a tour-high seven women's doubles titles, as well as the Australian Open and Wimbledon mixed doubles crowns.
- Wimbledon fortnight is here, and so are mixed doubles on the grass of York.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.