In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agricultura mixta femenino
- Initially he planted crops, but then he changed to mixed farming and finally to dairying.
- The wet unimproved land and lower input produced by traditional mixed farming systems in the North York Moors are perfect for waders.
- It comes from small production units of mixed farming systems where traditional practices are handed down the generations.
- A narrow coastal plain of low relief and clay soils, historically the area of densest rural settlement and mixed farming production, extends between the Russian and Swedish borders.
- A similar attitude was reflected in the advice often given by town business leaders and boards of trade to farmers that they should practise mixed farming instead of wheat monoculture.
- The farmers employ horticulture, mixed farming, dairying, tillage and poultry in six counties.
- With no suitable animals to domesticate, apart from the llama and the guinea pig, and no draught animals to pull the plough, the development of more mixed farming was gradual.
- Estates with relatively more grazing were more efficient than estates with relatively more arable or mixed farming.
- Its mixed farming and consumer audience ensures that producers and consumers have a better understanding of each others needs.
- The inhabitants practised mixed farming, raising cattle and pigs and cultivating wheat and barley.
- Large areas of forestry had been cleared from the Mesolithic onward and mixed farming formed an established agriculture system across the whole of Britain.
- For the arable farmer, manure was the crucial problem, and one of the major advantages of the various mixed farming systems which existed was the provision of animal manure.
- The traditional farming style has been one of mixed farming and dry stock with a strong emphasis on preservation of the natural rural environment and prevention of pollution.
- These farmers, who to survive must rely more on subsistence crops and mixed farming than do their more commercial neighbors, involve all family members in a variety of economic strategies.
- Pembrokeshire's mild climate, mixed farming practices and long growing season mean that there is a wide variety of local produce on sale.
- It was not so much the price-support system in itself that was irrational, but the level at which prices were set in a context of mixed farming sizes.
- And it made mixed farming possible in a country impossible to fence.
- How would vegetarians set about dismantling the mixed farming system?
- In mixed farming systems, bananas are used as a shade plant for cocoa, coffee, black pepper and nutmeg, and in many countries the plant itself is used as an ornamental.
- New England settlers practiced mixed farming and had greater ties to the market, and tended to play a very important role in local towns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.