In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mezcla de especias femenino
- Combine the butter, sultanas, currants, sugar, mixed spice, cinnamon, ginger, bicarbonate of soda and water in a saucepan.
- Add the flour, mixed spice, cinnamon, butter, egg, sultanas and remaining sugar to the yeast mixture and mix using a knife until a sticky dough forms.
- This is a cognac with an enjoyable smell of black pepper, mixed spice and peels, and the palate is tantalised pleasantly by this harmony.
- Sift the flour, mixed spice, nutmeg and baking powder together.
- Pour the whole bottle of wine into a pan, zest the orange and lemon into it and add the mixed spice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.