In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1la ley de la calle
- The fact you're trying to organise mob rule is enough to make me see the flaw in the plan, let alone anything else.
- And as for politicians not having changed anything, are you suggesting we just give up democracy and go for mob rule?
- And it marks the beginning of racial hatred, of mob rule, of racial segregation, of mindless violence and terror.
- They also base themselves on a model of democracy half a step above mob rule.
- ‘Unfiltered democracy’ is most certainly mob rule, whether you like it or not.
- Put a large group of humans together and you get chaos, mob rule, anarchy.
- More often, in fact, they are foot soldiers of totalitarian regimes and of mob rule.
- If they think they can somehow use mob rule to gain some sort of standing in the community they are sorely mistaken.
- Should an attempt be made the only likely result was mob rule or anarchy.
- Fury, on the other hand, descends quickly and unrelentingly into solemn and emotional intensity against mob rule and violence.
- But on close examination the scene looks less like a victory for democracy than a case of mob rule.
- Anything less is a concession that the rule of law can be usurped by mob rule.
- He would have known that there had been a popular uprising leading to mob rule, the overthrow of monarchy and persecution of the nobility.
- Most serious of all, it is beginning to seem like a pattern of mindless media mob rule against an elected government’.
- For democracy without the rule of law is mob rule, and the rule of law is not built by democratic means.
- Perhaps you don't understand this, but mob rule and democracy are different things.
- Perhaps we should ask them if they understand the difference between democracy and mob rule.
- A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49.
- Today most of us are in favour of democracy, but in earlier times it meant mob rule and then it was quite alarming.
- He couldn't expect to stay in charge by allowing this mob rule to take place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.