In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1scooter eléctrico para discapacitados masculino
- Police were called at 9.40 pm after the youths tampered with his 98-year-old mother's mobility scooter.
- Knowing him he probably didn't stick to the normal paths and ignored the limits of his mobility scooter.
- Drivers of mobility scooters are being asked to take a police safety course after a spate of accidents involving the low-speed electric vehicles.
- Why anyone would want to put a tax on mobility scooters is beyond me I mean, no-one chooses to have these things.
- I am aware that recently concerns have been raised about the increasing number of accidents and incidents involving mobility scooters or buggies.
- They go bowling in Morecambe, visit Preston market, go out to work, cook in their own homes and get around on a mobility scooter.
- A church minister, the Reverend John Snape, was banned from boarding a train because his mobility scooter was 1.6 inches too long.
- Mobility scooter owners may have to take driving tests and buy compulsory motor insurance under plans being drawn up by the Government.
- He could still be seen around the Hampton area on his mobility scooter.
- It comes following numerous accidents involving the vehicles, including incidents in which users have inadvertently driven their mobility scooters onto motorways.
- Manual and powered wheelchairs can be insured as can mobility scooters.
- The fire spread after a mobility scooter parked outside their home in a sheltered housing complex was set alight.
- A second mobility scooter which was parked outside nearby flats was also set on fire at 1.28 am on Monday.
- A disabled grandmother has received a speeding ticket accusing her of travelling at 41 mph on a mobility scooter that has a top speed of 8 mph.
- A WOMAN with multiple sclerosis has been left practically housebound after thieves stole her mobility scooter.
- British scientists are developing tracking technology for mobility scooters to prevent their elderly and disabled users getting lost.
- Bright has been convicted of driving his mobility scooter over the drink-drive limit under a historic Victorian law dating back almost 140 years.
- Great grandad Stanley Murphy took a wrong turn in his mobility scooter - and ended up on a 70 mph carriageway.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.