In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1humedad feminine(condensation) vaho masculine
- Is it acceptable that many inks smear with even the slightest amount of moisture or grease from the fingertips?
- Dew can give everything around you a cover of moisture, making it look as if light rain has fallen.
- As the air rises it cools and the moisture contained within it condenses into clouds and eventually it rains.
- It is likely that settlement is due to the variation in moisture content in the soil.
- This chart underestimates the amount of moisture in the upper surface of the soil.
- I hauled myself out of the water and scraped excess moisture off with the blades of my hands.
- In other areas, it is usually slowed by water moisture in the atmosphere.
- As we grow older, we all lose collagen, and therefore moisture from our skin.
- Lions can survive for long periods without water, obtaining moisture from prey and plants.
- They keep for a long time, because of their low moisture content, but eventually turn powdery.
- The quickest and easiest way to conserve moisture in the garden is by cultivating.
- As the place fills up, the extra moisture in the air condenses on the roof.
- Two kernels per spike were collected for determination of dry weight and moisture content.
- Do not apply sealant to a damp wall, as it will trap moisture in, causing further problems.
- Loosen the surface of the soil to allow moisture to soak in, then water well.
- Place them on a plate or a towel and salt liberally to draw out excess moisture.
- Arums will grow in sun or shade but do best in a cool leafy soil that retains moisture yet doesn't become water logged.
- Still there is the chance of more rain and moisture laden air on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- A careful note is kept of temperatures and moisture content and the process is adjusted as necessary.
- Soil differences are usually related to changes in soil moisture and availability of water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.