In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This structure opens a major gateway to the molecular understanding of transcription.
- Dissolved molecular oxygen was removed from solutions by purging with dry nitrogen gas.
- With any luck it will be made from high molecular polymers and have a large symmetrical blade with a dihedral front face.
- His was the first group to study chemical reactions in this way under molecular beam conditions.
- The secret of how lava lamps work can be traced back to the molecular nature of oil and water.
- In other words, the spider possesses a molecular blueprint for making the polymer.
- Cellular depletion of oxygen results in rapid molecular and physiological acclimation.
- It may react with molecular oxygen and form quinone and superoxide radicals.
- This work is regarded as an important prelude to examining this phase change at the molecular level.
- In particular, it reduces product hazards at the most fundamental, molecular, level.
- Science has shown us that at the molecular level there is nothing but rapidly moving energy.
- Their research determined the colour of light at the atomic and molecular level.
- At the family level recent studies of the molecular regulation of fruit development will be of interest as well.
- The secret of life lies in the immense complexity of its molecular organisation.
- Thus, an understanding of the molecular events that underlie ozone toxicity is an important goal.
- Fire is actually a dancing plasma of molecules and molecular fragments, excited into a glowing state by heat.
- The molecular mechanisms of quorum sensing have long remained mysterious.
- This finding suggests that memory loss can in fact be avoided by drugs aimed at a small number of molecular targets.
- For larger dextrans to enter the wall, the whole molecule or molecular segment would need to be deformed.
- The simple molecular structure of alcohol allows it to penetrate this barrier.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.