In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fur)piel de topo femenino
- He was in the same get up, just with a moleskin jacket, and very short deerskin shorts.
- The decision to go with my rather fetching moleskin jacket was looking like a victory for style over practicality.
- For texture, we've used traditional moleskin in our cushioning and have hot-branded the Longhorn logo in leather and timber throughout.
- Apparently with the longer curly blond hair and the black moleskin jacket I look ‘very indie’.
- You would know them at a glance - dressed almost alike with brown boots, moleskin trousers, and a peaked cap turned to the left side.
- These two contrasting elements surface as streamlined suits with detailed panelling and tab-fronted trousers, either in traditional herringbone tweed, soft moleskin or leather.
- The fabrics are understated, using simple knits, jersey cotton and moleskins.
- I asked Geoff to explain the differences in the different moleskin fabrics.
- Tweeds, velvets, moleskin - there's no retro cloth that hasn't been revamped for a new generation of trendsetters.
- She had changed into a black moleskin cloak-like dress but had kept her red headscarf and cross-laced sandals.
- Later that afternoon, he is back in his £400 custom-made wig, moleskin britches and make-up to give a reading at a travel trade fair.
- The tails of his black cloth coat were pinned up behind to keep them from rubbing; he had on a pair of moleskin trousers and leather gaiters, and in his hand he carried a little whip of rhinoceros hide.
- Jeans, polo shirts, boots, moleskin trousers, handcrafted belts, hats and jackets are among some of the products on sale at the new store.
- He's wearing grey herringbone-tweed trousers and a velvety moleskin jacket.
- He is wearing a chocolate brown moleskin suit, a dark shirt and tartan clip-on braces, one of which has come adrift.
- I often feel like I'm an 18th century aristocrat arriving at Lord Monck's house for dinner, a dark-coated wag or bounder wearing the latest in britches and moleskin cape.
- On Friday he was canvassing on the Thames View Estate dressed in a brown moleskin suit, white shirt, beige tie and polished shoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.