In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de un gángster) chica femenino
- While chatting with Raymond, an old friend from jail, Manda sees a gangster's moll, the beautiful, blonde Marie waltzing reluctantly with Roland, the man she belongs to.
- Collectively, they're as sinister as the Kray gang and their molls.
- When gangsters murder a young boy's family, he falls under the unlikely protection of a tough, ageing ex-gangster's moll.
- In Drexler's hothouse world of boxers, gangsters and abused molls, women have to fight back.
- Her sister Christine is a gangster's moll, and Tommy, the right-hand-man to the boss, wants Michelle to be his lady.
- My film situation is similar to his - gangster on the run with his moll.
- This is beamed particularly at the over 25 age group and merrymakers should dress as the favourite infamous gangsters and molls from the movies.
- He tells the story of a gangster's moll, treated in a casually proprietorial manner by her man, who exacts revenge by falling in love with her plumber.
- He falls in with a gangster while at the same time falling for the gangster's moll.
- Eastern motorcycle punks and their molls love to alter their appearance with bleach and henna and contact lenses of bizarre colouration.
- The actress has a new movie coming out called Gloria, in which she is a leggy gangster's moll who suddenly has to take care of a sassy, streetwise kid.
- These shot glasses are perfect for wannabe mobsters and molls who like to pretend they're boozing in a strip joint instead of a room and kitchen in Paisley.
- Up is down and black is white in this world of mobsters and molls.
- In his new incarnation he meets another version of his wife, Alice, this time as a gangster's moll.
- This is no great film, but to treat it like some made-for-TV biopic of an unknown Midwestern gangster and his ditzy moll is itself a crime.
- I guess when it comes to the crunch, I'm just not suited to being a gangster's moll…
- Her role as a gangster's moll won a Hollywood bachelor's heart.
- The Labour crew look like mafia hoods and molls - all grey hair, badly fitting dark suits and chin stubble.
- This is the character who has been raised from the status of burglar's moll to sanctified heroine during the course of the novel.
- He has cast one local politician as a member of the Mafia and another as his moll.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.