- There was a time when anglers went to Tralee Bay just to catch the true monkfish.
- An albino monkfish was also landed and while this is rare in itself and even more unique feature of this fish is the fact that it had no eyes.
- Deep-water species such as the monkfish and the orange roughy are at risk, as it can take decades before a fish is old enough to breed.
- He was head-hunted for the British team from his job trawling for prawns and monkfish in the North Sea.
- Additionally from Wednesday last Ireland's fishing industry was ordered to stop fishing for monkfish, prawns, white pollack and megrims as the country's quota for the current year had already been reached.