In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both inflammatory and antiinflammatory responses were attenuated, whereas the innate cell function of granulocytes and monocytes was preserved.
- In response to infectious pathogens or their by-products, monocytes and macrophages generate and release proinflammatory cytokines.
- In some animal studies, it stimulates natural killer cells and monocytes, which the immune system uses to fight off viruses.
- Microglia, brain cells equivalent to the monocytes of the immune system, surrounded the plaques that were not yet cleared.
- In vivo studies have demonstrated that glutamine is essential for optimal immune cell functioning for monocytes, lymphocytes and neutrophils.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.