- By the early 1930s, monographs and more popular studies of world music had begun to appear in significant numbers, spurred on by the popularization of humanistic scholarship in general.
- He contributed the third volume in this series with his monograph on topology which we will mention again below.
- This series was established in 1966 to bridge the gap between specialist articles and monographs on the one hand and general surveys on the other.
- A number of different proposals exist for the historical occasion of the letter, both in shorter studies and in monographs.
- In addition to single botanical monographs, there are several monographs on proprietary herbal combination products that have been the subject of clinical research.
- In a series of essays and monographs written between 1885 and 1900, Freud radically reconceptualized hysteria.
- Of special interest are a series of monographs related to distance education.
- To be sure, it is a worthy subject for a monograph or doctoral dissertation.
- Every once in a while it is refreshing to put aside detailed academic monographs in favor of shorter studies that are full of suggestive concepts and ideas.
- Although there are detailed monographs on leading goldsmiths in London, New York and Philadelphia during this period, nothing comparable exists for Ireland.
- What about ‘non-traditional’ scholarship, which may appear in obscure peer-reviewed journals or specialized monographs.
- The full list of her book chapters, articles, monographs, curricula, manuals and more runs to many pages.
- It was the first book on this subject since the monograph of L P Eisenhart in 1926.
- Detailed notes and an excellent bibliographic essay end the monograph.
- In spite of the wealth of monographs on aspects of eighteenth-century Paris, few historians have offered a synthetic treatment of that city.
- The wide interest for basic and applied research on photochromism in the last decade is well documented by two monographs.
- I hope it will encourage the appearance of other local monographs as well as much-needed comprehensive studies of African American religion and churches.
- Academics will have to take time off from writing specialized articles and monographs long enough to write rigorous and stimulating textbooks for all grade levels.
- There existed until very recently only a handful of monographs on the subject.
- The social history of crime is a vibrant area of intellectual enquiry, which since the 1960s has generated a proliferation of monographs and essays on a diversity of issues.