In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I could cut a few monologues, but the parts that don't advance the story are the funniest ones.
- The lights would rise on each musician as they had their solos, like theatrical monologues, then fade back into the darkness.
- I was wondering if you have written anything you feel would be appropriate as a theatrical monologue.
- The acting is not always up to the high musical standard, and at times the monologues are almost inaudible beneath the band's volume.
- Aspiring movie stars in this crazy city are already rehearsing his final courtroom speech as an audition monologue.
- The play starts off with an actor rehearsing a monologue for an acting competition.
- These devices are also used as linking pieces between monologues, and help give the production a unified feel.
- In the first of three monologues we meet Andy, parking meter engineer with a very strange family.
- And in early drafts there were long first-person monologues from Jonah's point of view.
- This lends a surreal tone to proceedings, especially during Matilda's monologues about herself and family.
- Lindsay also writes several dramatic monologues for cab drivers, gardeners, or barely disguised versions of his working self.
- Weaving history with poetry, music and drama, ten actors each recite an eight-minute monologue.
- It is obviously not a play and, like its predecessor, it is a loosely knit series of monologues on birth and motherhood.
- He does more with an eyebrow and a nod than most actors do with full monologues.
- Moore starts the case against Clark in the opening monologue of the film.
- The best bits of writing here are the monologues that have a truth and emotional sting about them - something much of the play lacks.
- Delivering the monologues are six actresses, each portraying a different type of mother.
- In a lot of scenes I come on and do these very brief, very tense monologues, and go off, each time to the point of breakdown.
- The actors conceived and workshopped their own monologues, creating a well integrated show despite the diverse subject matter.
- Carson would then perform a comic monologue which would end with an imaginary golf swing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.