In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Indeed, non-competitive contracts with convicted monopolists would seem to be expressly what these laws should allow to be exposed.
- This would create a more dynamic industry, in which indies could compete more equally with the broadcasting monopolists.
- Output restriction simply means that the monopolist and its employees work less hard.
- When you talk about withdrawing your services from the sick, it's just like the monopolists using monopoly power.
- The New Deal, in fact, enabled cooperatives to act as monopolists in so many ways by providing mandatory production controls that eliminated uncontrollable surpluses.
- Large firms with considerable market power in principle could act as monopolists and abuse their market power by raising prices.
- They now seem to resemble an unscrupulously privatised enterprise that was formerly a monopolist on the domestic market.
- It is a fact that the software producer has been judged to be a monopolist.
- So the monopolist will set a price or produce a quantity which will maximize its profits, other things being equal.
- It's a reminder of how much market power a monopolist holds in shaping a culture.
- This is because the behaviour of a rational monopolist will be to market the goods at a price which is higher than that prevailing under ordinary competitive conditions.
- It labels the company a monopolist in violation of federal law and mandates reform.
- If the owner reaches an agreement with the two state-owned monopolists, they might withdraw their claims and save the company from insolvency.
- It was followed, at the end of the 15th cent., by the Merchant Venturers of London, monopolists of the expanding cloth industry's overseas trade.
- It is the essence of monopoly that the monopolist has the power to set the price of his product, which is effected by altering the amount that is supplied.
- A monopolist can determine the market price for its product and can be described as a price maker rather than a price taker.
- The characteristic feature of monopoly prices is the monopolist's defiance of the wishes of the consumers.
- That has left top managers with the daunting task of persuading some of the world's biggest monopolists to all but change their worldviews.
- As monopolists, oligarchs initially exploited the system.
- Over various periods, how did U.S. Steel act ‘as if’ it was a monopolist or near-monopolist and still survive?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.