In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1glutamato monosódico masculino
- It is superior ingredients, not monosodium glutamate, that contribute to the fresh flavour, he said.
- Soy protein processing produces glutamic acid - the natural form of monosodium glutamate, a brain poison - and toxins and carcinogens are formed.
- Wheat gluten has also been used as a cattle feed and as a starting point for the manufacture of the food flavour enhancer, monosodium glutamate.
- As a general rule, the more food is processed, the more likely it is to contain monosodium glutamate.
- Certain additives such as artificial sweeteners, or monosodium glutamate are banned in organic foods while the use of others is restricted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.