In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vehículo lunar masculino
- You're an astronaut driving a moon buggy across the dusty plains of Mare Crisium.
- But why settle for a jet when you can have a moon buggy?
- He piloted the moon buggy along the lunar surface, with Earth visible in the background.
- Solidified lava covers much of the island, and some areas resemble a lunar landscape they even test moon buggies here!
- Though a moon buggy is best suited to navigating this terrain, you probably will not have access to one.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.