In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ciclomotor masculinobicimoto masculino
- Even vegetable shopkeepers who used cycles to go to market found the mopeds a better means to carry loads.
- Pc Bateson said he noticed the moped had its lights on and was displaying registration plates, but the trials bike was not.
- Under the ‘Wheels to Work’ scheme, 50 young people seeking jobs - and who live some distance from a bus route - have already been given access to mopeds.
- There has been a sixfold rise in the sale of motorbikes and mopeds in the past three years.
- A man then got off the moped nearby leaving it with the engine running.
- The age to drive such scooters is the same as for a moped, 16 years.
- Young people riding motorbikes and mopeds have been disturbing the peace of residents near the controversial skate park in Bocking End over the past few weeks.
- Wardens on mopeds or working as ‘hot-spotters’ are expected to issue 15 fixed penalty notices a day.
- As I headed left towards the town centre, a group of scooters and mopeds bounced past followed by an old lady on an even older bicycle.
- Young motorists in West York who flout the law on mopeds, motorcycles and cars face losing their licences, police warned today.
- One test will cover the licence categories for motorcycles, cars, mopeds, tractors and work vehicles.
- There is a growing market for motorcycles and mopeds throughout the country.
- Cars, motorcycles, mopeds and scooters were also checked for road-worthiness and officers will advise on essential repairs.
- Justices banned the boy from east York from driving all cars, motorcycles and mopeds and adjourned his case for a pre-sentence report.
- The council has also set up a Moped Reward Scheme to stop youngsters riding their mopeds illegally on the estate.
- Hopefully this will make youngsters think twice about going on mopeds without helmets.
- She said the culprits are gangs of teenagers, aged between about 17 and 19, who are often seen meeting up on their mopeds.
- The big difference between mopeds, motor scooters and motorcycles is power.
- Areas of wasteground around the Braintree district are being used by people riding small motorcycles and mopeds, which may be unfit to drive.
- The extra cash will allow the purchase of six more mopeds, increasing the size of the scheme, which was opened in May last year, by 50 per cent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.