In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She'd been lying for several hours before discovery, and, although conscious on admission to casualty, she was clearly moribund.
- A previous study showed that death followed the selected moribund symptoms by 1 day or less.
- One patient was moribund at presentation and died 4 days later.
- We took the child out and as I looked at it I realised the kid was moribund.
- Each of the two protagonists is more or less moribund - one convalescing after a near fatal collapse; the other laid low by deep vein thrombosis.
- Ideally patients will be enrolled before they are moribund and on ‘death's door’.
- Most of the moribund patients recovered due to his treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.