In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Informáticahacer un morph
- It shows a kite morphing into a ship that sails from a river to the sea and changes into a magnificent galleon, then back into a kite.
- Right before my eyes she was morphing into the girl I had first met.
- In between are funny images of various world leaders morphing into monkeys, devils or pigs.
- The child smirked, morphing in a blink to a tall dark-haired man.
- Mortis knew she was caught when the small cat smoothly morphed into a woman.
- Suddenly his face morphs completely and he bursts out laughing.
- They were no longer the shape of humans, but had been morphed into huge indescribable creatures.
- The solution was a special effect known as morphing, in which the transitions are visually seamless.
- It looks to me like this silliness is rather quickly morphing into being both destructive and self-defeating.
- The video shows the portraits from the wall seamlessly morphing into an unending and hypnotic sequence of heads.
- Art changes as it develops, sometimes morphing into shapes almost unrecognizable from its origins.
- Disgusted with his mother's affairs, Walt is dangerously close to morphing into a younger version of his father.
- He has morphed a quirky novel into an enthralling, tender and, crucially, fun piece of cinema.
- Beautifully filmed, it opens in slow motion on windswept dunes before morphing into shots of an inner-city house.
- Within the space of a few pages, the comedian morphs from an ambitious, uncaring party animal into a remorseful, spiritual outcast.
- The image morphed to show a snow covered street, facing some kind of large store.
- But what was once a sleepy Bohemian beach town is rapidly morphing into an upscale resort destination.
- The system is morphing faster than the program can track, but I'm eliminating the unnecessary code strings.
- The screen gets all blurry; when it clears up, the chimp has morphed into a man in a cheap gorilla suit.
- It started out as a thriller, morphed into action and towards the end tried to be a comedy.
2coloquialtransformarseto morph into sth — transformarse en algo
- When it deals with morphs and morphemes, morphology is known as morphemics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.