In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino hipotecamasculino préstamo hipotecariomasculino crédito hipotecariofemenino hipotecato pay off a mortgage — redimir una hipoteca formal
- we've paid off the mortgage on the house — hemos terminado de pagar la hipoteca / el préstamo / el crédito de la casa
- mortgage on sth
- to take out a mortgage on a property — hipotecar una propiedad
- we've taken out a second mortgage on the house — hemos rehipotecado la casa
- before noun mortgage arrears — atrasos en el pago de la hipoteca
- mortgage loan — préstamo hipotecario
- mortgage payment — pago de la hipoteca
- You therefore in effect overpay each month, which is why your mortgage would be cleared more quickly.
- Cases it has dealt with vary from revoked credit cards to missed mortgage payments, according to a company spokesman.
- Much of the sharp rise is being driven by rising house prices, with more than €1 billion in mortgages borrowed each month.
- At the end of their working period and having redeemed the mortgage, they will remain in their own houses.
- Over half the houses in the country are owned outright by people while a further significant amount have very low mortgages and have seen their homes triple in value.
- And it could trigger a sharp fall in prices, with the consequent return of negative equity - the value of the property falling below the amount of the outstanding mortgage.
- But the energy cost savings will far exceed the amount added to the mortgage.
- In some instances they insist that the parent guarantees only the portion of the mortgage above the amount they would usually lend, based on the child's salary.
- The fee will usually be about 1% of the mortgage, but this will depend on the size of the loan and the complications of each individual case.
- If you don't like the idea of debt then you will probably be happier with a standard repayment loan where you can see the amount of your mortgage decreasing as time goes on.
- The size of your current mortgage, school or university fees for children, and the effects of inflation must all be considered.
- If you pay off your mortgage, you'll also lose the advantage of using someone else's money to invest.
- I own my home with a small amount outstanding on the mortgage.
- The standard policy reduces the amount covered as the mortgage is paid off so it is cheaper than a level term, which is one constant sum assured for the life of the policy.
- In eight out of ten major towns, people on average incomes cannot afford to buy an average home which is now 6.7 times average annual pay and will require a mortgage of five times your income.
- It makes money on the interest homeowners pay on their mortgages minus the interest it pays on low-rate bonds that it sells to institutional investors and foreign banks.
- In some cases their grandchildren will finish paying the mortgages on them.
- If you default on your mortgage repayments, the bank or lending institution has the right to claim 100 per cent of the property.
- The government should recognise that it is dealing with people who have suffered hardship and serious worries about whether their mortgages will be paid off.
- Once we have paid off our mortgages, we will consider pro bono work.
1(land/house) hipotecarthey've mortgaged the country's future — han hipotecado el futuro del país
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.