In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mosquito masculinozancudo masculino América Latina
- The smoke comes from cow dung fires used to drive off flies and mosquitoes.
- Idaho, and probably most other states, still have mosquitoes capable of carrying malaria.
- The pesticide kills mosquitoes, the blood-sucking pests that spread malaria.
- Like dengue, which is also carried by mosquitoes, there is no treatment for the disease.
- The worm is transmitted from one person to another through the bites of infected mosquitoes.
- In India, neem is traditionally burnt to repel disease-carrying mosquitoes.
- Only 30 years old, he died of yellow fever, transmitted by a mosquito's bite.
- It's even possible that she was bitten by an infected mosquito that managed to survive over the winter.
- The malaria parasite has to be able to reproduce in the mosquito in order to be able to infect humans.
- A bite from a mosquito when abroad in a hot country can lead to malaria.
- The Romans became practised at draining marshes to rid areas of malaria-carrying mosquitoes.
- They share their environment with the mosquitoes who act as vectors for malaria.
- The larvae migrate to the mosquito's mouth, and, when it bites another human, they enter the bloodstream.
- The mosquito can then act as a vector, transmitting the virus to mammals, such as horses or humans.
- Malaria is spread by mosquitoes that are carrying a single-celled parasite called plasmodium.
- Humans can contract the disease when bitten by mosquitoes infected with West Nile virus.
- The thing is, when you realise that a mosquito is biting you, there's little you can do.
- Another technique for fighting disease is the releasing of sterile mosquitoes.
- Malaria is a serious disease that is spread by the bite of an infected mosquito.
- On the first day of the trip an elderly gentleman in the group was bitten by a mosquito.
- Malaria is a disease that is caused by a parasite and spread by mosquitoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.