In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lengua materna femenino
- Phrases like these are quite hard to understand, if your mother tongue isn't English.
- English would be his mother tongue; he would have some knowledge of Latin, and he would speak fluent French.
- This is due to their traditional links with the Kosovo Albanian community and the fact that they speak Albanian as their mother tongue.
- In general, the same people would be outraged if they were asked to abandon their mother tongue, French, and speak English.
- Apart from his mother tongue, Tamil, he is able to understand and speak English.
- She was fired for speaking in her mother tongue to customers and co-workers.
- It is as if the gift of English as a mother tongue should preclude the learning of any other language.
- As a rule, interpreters are supposed to translate between their mother tongue and another language.
- Whatever their mother tongue, babies acquire it long before they learn to read and write.
- Many immigrants not only learn English in addition to their mother tongue, but also speak other languages.
- Even when we converse, and are talking in the same mother tongue, we often seem to be speaking a different language to each other.
- In the piece, each woman speaks in her mother tongue, representing the two halves of the writer's self.
- ‘I learnt to speak English as a youngster but Finnish is my mother tongue,’ he said.
- If they spoke even a single word of their mother tongue, they would be fined or penalized.
- Krio is spoken as a mother tongue by some 250,000 people in and around Freetown and by many more Sierra Leoneans as a second language.
- They acquire a knowledge of music in much the same way as they learn to speak their mother tongue - by listening to those around them.
- This bilingual program provides the opportunity for immersion in the lost mother tongue at an early age.
- At that time, only approximately 7 million people used English as their mother tongue.
- Two articles are written about each couple, one in their mother tongue and one in another language.
- It is said that a child can already use all the grammatical patterns of its mother tongue by the time he or she is five years old.
- If no one was available, children who spoke the same mother tongue could still discuss the new topic in their own language.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.