In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1automóvil masculino formalvehículo automóvil masculino formal
- That clause states that a person must not tamper with a motor vehicle's odometer - or what?
- Instances of burglary, stolen cars and theft from motor vehicles fell.
- In the eyes of cyclists, the increasing number of motor vehicles also means increased danger on the road.
- Others can be classed as motor vehicles meaning riders need to wear a crash helmet and have a licence and insurance.
- He would sell a motor vehicle and take a motor vehicle in part exchange.
- It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
- They found a Porsche motor vehicle that had collided with a roadside crash barrier.
- It's even quite possible that one day the majority of our motor vehicles will be diesel-powered.
- He admits conspiracy to commit criminal damage to motor vehicles, but denies conspiracy to cause damage to vehicles by fire.
- He said London Road had suffered its fair share of criminal damage to motor vehicles this year.
- This is a luxury motor car and has to be compared with other luxury motor vehicles.
- After the war motor vehicles took an ever-growing share of road transport.
- He also said motorcycles and other motor vehicles would be banned from using the trail.
- Quadbikes are classed as motor vehicles under the 1988 Road Traffic Act.
- It will slow other residents, who may spend five minutes per day travelling in motor vehicles along speed-affected roads.
- To get behind a wheel of a motor vehicle in my condition was a disgrace.
- Thieves break into parked motor vehicles and take away anything they can lay their hands on.
- A clamp down on untaxed and uninsured motor vehicles has seen nearly 70 taken off the roads by North Yorkshire Police.
- Check with the dealer and your local department of motor vehicles if in doubt.
- A person driving a motor vehicle on a road must stop the vehicle on being required to do so by a constable in uniform.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.