In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And his massive talent for riding motorcycles fast also earned him fame, fortune and happiness.
- There is a growing market for motorcycles and mopeds throughout the country.
- The couple shared a passion for motorcycles and were rarely apart, sharing a home in Helmsdale, Haydon Wick.
- We looked up and saw lads at the side of the ground revving up their quad bikes and motorcycles.
- Police lined the march routes and groups of police on motorcycles or bicycles frequently passed by.
- Men will buy magazines on fishing, motorcycles, DIY or any other technical subject you can imagine.
- However in my experience, most accidents involving motorcycles involve other vehicles.
- He said that while motorcycles were far safer now than before, the majority of crashes were down to rider error.
- By far the majority of vehicles on the roads here are motorcycles, not cars as in the west.
- Thieves have already stolen two other motorcycles and even a car.
- These latest deaths bring the total killed in accidents involving motorcycles in the last month to eight.
- Frankie reminded me how Dad gave all of us rides on his motorcycles, a new one every other year.
- Goods purchased in this way include sofas, motorcycles and quad bikes.
- He also said motorcycles and other motor vehicles would be banned from using the trail.
- Mopeds, motor scooters and motorcycles all offer the freedom of a car while using less fuel.
- Affordable financing is contributing to the skyrocketing demand for motorcycles.
- Riding different types of motorcycles, the bikers will first set off for Shimla from Delhi.
- Collecting classic motorcycles has taken off in recent years, with the value of many rapidly increasing.
- Meanwhile, all horses, cars, motorcycles and bicycles have been requisitioned.
- Glenn was a big fan of dancing, computers, motorcycles and roller skating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.