In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1automovilista femeninoconductor masculinoconductora femenino
- An increasing number of motorists use number plates that are difficult to read.
- Police are set to launch a blitz on motorists who drive while using mobile phones.
- In all, we believe that the motorist should not, and must not, be treated as a criminal or as a cash cow.
- Wardens were told to note car registration numbers if they saw motorists drop litter.
- Traffic police have criticised motorists who risk lives by driving with poor eyesight.
- There were several miles of tailbacks after motorists were brought to a standstill.
- She is now calling for traffic calming measures to reduce the speed of oncoming motorists.
- The gritters were out in force on Sunday and Monday and motorists were urged to drive carefully.
- Hundreds of motorists have been stopped as part of a crackdown on seatbelt offenders.
- Residents say that their cars are being hit and scraped by motorists driving too fast along the road.
- No wonder the police go for the easy target of motorists not wearing seatbelts!
- How many of you would stop if you saw a motorist who had broken down by the side of the road?
- New cameras could be set up to take pictures of the faces of speeding motorists.
- They hope to trace motorists using the garage at the time via their registration numbers.
- I was a bus driver for 30 years and saw a lot of motorists happily driving down bus lanes.
- The motorist immediately stopped, as did several drivers travelling behind him.
- The nice thing about driving it is that motorists pull over to let you pass.
- If this results in motorists having to sit fuming in traffic jams, the solution is in their hands.
- All 380 motorists caught on a speed camera in the area last December will be cleared.
- It hopes the signs will make motorists think twice about speeding and driving recklessly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.