In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There will also be a range of activities such as mini-digs, designing and making stucco mouldings, and constructing a sundial.
- It requires roughly 12 times the man hours just to profile the stock and execute the liberal relief carving and decorative moldings as compared to fabricating a standard Caywood stock.
- The router is used to cut contours in wood for edgings and moldings or for more complex relief panels and inlay work, dovetails, and mortises.
- Regularly they were embellished with crease moldings and decorative scribing and punching, and in some regions the skirt was elaborately shaped.
- She found herself in a bed in a richly decorated room with plaster moldings around the ceiling and windows that reached almost that high, though now heavy velvet curtains were drawn over them and small lamps burned.
- It was he, for instance, who came up with the idea of recycling a downed white oak tree and using the wood for moldings and fireplace mantels in the living room and family room/kitchen.
- Interestingly, the tops of the front legs are decorated with cove moldings - a bit of extra work that contrasts with the other timesaving features.
- In keeping with local period practice, appropriate decorative moldings, cornices, and other architectural trim have been installed.
- In addition to the boards themselves, there are transition strips, edge and end moldings, stair nosing strips, and even matching quarter round and base moldings made from the same material.
- Atlantic Coast began operations in 1987 and imports 30 percent of its wood mouldings.
- The biggest problem is in finding hardwood moldings other than oak.
- Measure wall height from floor to ceiling, excluding baseboards and moldings.
- There are several techniques for creating beautiful moldings and architectural embellishments for very little money.
- I slumped on the chair, staring at the plaster moldings on the ceiling.
- The stucco cornicing and ceiling mouldings have been carefully restored.
- On the side panels, curving architectural moldings loom above business-suited men clutching Martinis and scraps of paper.
- After all, they reasoned, the tall ceilings, deep moldings, and storybook wraparound front porch made the house a good candidate for remodeling.
- The lounges and dining rooms are immensely pretty, with parquet floors, pastel walls, white stucco decorative mouldings and painted rococo ceilings in the Tiepolo style.
- We often draw on the same material to shape window and door openings, create moldings, or form extensions or shelves that grow from the walls.
- The company offers domestic and imported mouldings, including wood, metal, polystyrene and box.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.