In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(recipe/meal) deliciosoit looks mouthwatering — se te hace la boca agua con solo mirarlo España
- Whatever you choose at Prato, the cozy atmosphere by the big, hot oven, and the mouth-watering sights and smells make a trip to this resto well worth your while.
- The smells were mouth-watering and reminded me that I hadn't eaten in… days?
- Romeo and his mother stepped inside, and the mouth-watering smell of tender beef swamped Romeo.
- He had to get to the source of that wonderful, mouth-watering smell - his very life, it seemed, depended on it.
- Food is not rationed and unpalatable, but available in mind-boggling varieties and mouth-watering flavours at affordable prices.
- The warmth of the restaurant and a few glasses of sherry really hit the spot, and having unthawed, we indulged in mouth-watering Southern cooking eating scrumptious shrimp and grits.
- Whether you use chocolate or cocoa powder you're guaranteed to make rich, delicious and mouth-watering desserts and treats!
- All the while, the bagel shop below the doctor's office was wafting up some lovely, mouth-watering smells.
- I could smell something positively mouth-watering so I let my nose guide me to where it was coming from.
- The seven years he spent travelling and hunting down recipes have resulted in a mouth-watering collection.
- The air was thick with the mouth-watering, sweet smell of food.
- When we made this dish, it was amazing how many people suddenly crept out of the woodwork, following the mouth-watering cooking smells.
- Lunch will be eight courses, each sounding more mouth-watering than the next.
- The result is a dozen different flavours of mouth-watering fudge, ranging from Coniston cookie crunch and mint chocolate whirl, to plain vanilla and strawberries and cream.
- You are treated to an assortment of delicious mouth-watering chicken delicacies.
- When you step into Casa Rugantino, you will be struck by mouth-watering smells - and by how small the restaurant is.
- I made my grandmother's strawberry bread recipe and produced the kind of mouth-watering deliciousness people should write poetry about.
- Oven roasting brings out carrots' sweet side - the long cooking caramelizes the sugar and creates a delicious, mouth-watering treat.
- Her winning dish, Chinese Fried Rice with Pork and Prawns, impressed the judges with its creativity and mouth-watering combination of flavours.
- Now that's fine when you are inhaling the mouth-watering smell of percolating coffee or a sizzling roast.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.