In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Even eating a slice of Italian sausage pizza with extra mozzarella had become a patriotic act.
- Then you just layer on the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pepperoni or salami and put it back into the oven.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated romano, cheddar, or mozzarella cheeses.
- We had salad with fresh mozzarella cheese and homemade dressing with peppercorn.
- Sales of cheese, especially mozzarella, have climbed over the past two years.
- The mozzarella is usually made from cow's milk, sometimes from water buffalo's milk.
- In another bowl mix together zucchini and mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- I knew what was missing from last night's pasta and it wasn't mozzarella cheese.
- To turn this salad into a complete meal, add mozzarella cheese or blue cheese.
- Hot Italian snacks, otherwise known as panini, came with chargrilled vegetables and mozzarella cheese or tuna melt.
- It was a huge bowl filled with the thick spicy cold vegetable soup and contrasting soft white balls of mozzarella.
- Put half a teaspoon of mozzarella and tomato on top with a small trickle of pesto.
- Down the road from the farm is the local co-operative dairy, where they make the famed mozzarella cheese from the buffalo milk.
- Top with a slice of mozzarella and sprinkle with oregano.
- Ninety cents buys you a crispy slice of pizza with about a pound of cold, shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place the sliced mozzarella on two of the slices of bread and top with the remaining slices to make two large cheese sandwiches.
- Jayne enjoyed her dish which consisted of mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs, topped with mozzarella cheese and crispy bread crumbs.
- Serve this as a light starter or with some slices of mozzarella as a main meal salad for vegetarians.
- The waiter sets down the plate of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil that we ordered.
- Long gone are the days of cheddar cheese versus mozzarella, of white milk versus chocolate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.