In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Gordon, originally an engineer, is now an environmentalist with an MSc in Environmental Science from Trinity College.
- The bulk of this is for fees and maintenance of students wanting to pursue an MSc in either engineering or the physical sciences.
- In 2000 she obtained an MSc in Drugs and Alcohol Policy in Trinity College.
- The Waterford-born woman studied psychology at University College Cork before going on to do an MSc by research at the University of Edinburgh.
- I'm in the first year of an MSc in the Science and Medicine of Athletic Performance.
- This may be enhanced by a postgraduate qualification such as an MSc in forensic science from Strathclyde University or Kings College, London.
- Gill started her career as a social worker, completing her professional training at Oxford University with an MSc in Applied Social Studies.
- He has a PhD in molecular biology from Auckland University, which he gained after getting a BSc and an MSc in Russia during Mikhail Gorbachev's era.
- An MSc would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Manisha has 12 years of consulting and technology experience, an MBA from London Business School and an MSc in Science & Technology Development.
- He will graduate with his MSc in Marketing Practice in November.
- Li comes in with the degree certificate she's just received for her Master's, and we realise this is the first MSc we have in the family.
- I say all this, having survived an MSc in Physics.
- Plenty of water, comfort food and self-pity were the order of the day, even though I should have been completing an assignment for my MSc.
- Last November, he was presented with a special Alumni Achievement Award from University College Cork where he studied for two degrees, a BSc and an MSc.
- Last week I handed in my last assignment for my MSc.
- The one-hundredth MSc to be awarded in the Masters in Environmental Protection programme was conferred on Stephen Wheston from Wexford.
- The centre works in tandem with the University of East London to offer an MSc in Advanced Environmental and Energy Studies.
- He has a law degree from the University of Buckingham, an MA and an MSc, all achieved while serving as a full-time fire officer.
- Maria, who is a service director for Bury Primary Care Trust's children's services, graduated with an MSc in collaborative health.
Master of Science
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.