In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The pack mules carrying the gold ore scattered in all directions, spilling ore over a wide area.
- Silene was waiting for me as I unloaded the mule and dragged the sacks of flour into the kitchen.
- A popular method is to have mules carry different gun parts to their destination.
- At the edge of her mind, she heard a mule braying loudly, in fear.
- Christopher grabbed a coffee cup out of the pack that the mule was carrying.
- He entered the cocoa industry but after its decline started his own transport business with mule carts.
- They hopped off their horses, not bothering to unload the mules.
- The shock came yesterday, after one of the mules kicked another.
- The mules were unloaded and swam across, following the bell mare.
- There was a farmer who wanted to get rid of this old mule.
- My mother dumped me like an old mule to be left for death.
- The Israelites used various beasts of burden - mules, horses, camels and oxen.
- To get up the hill, we had to ride these adorable mules.
- It is like being kicked by a mule in the chest.
- Instead we often get stuck riding a reliable mule up a rough trail.
- The world's first cloned mule was born on May 4, 2003.
- As hybrids, mules are almost always sterile.
- But because mules are sterile, breeding new champions is difficult.
- Now, scientists at the University of Idaho have successfully cloned a mule.
- Being the offspring of a male donkey and a mare, mules are sterile.
1chinela femeninofemenino pantufla
- I also don't think I can continue to wear my loafer mules for much longer.
- The pointy-toed trend is prevalent in practically every style from slingbacks and mules to flats, boots and everything in between.
- This spring, watch out for flat mules as a big trend.
- Munro shoes also designed the Duet sandal, a sophisticated shoe, that is a hybrid of a mule and sandal.
- Avoid shallow styles like most sandals and mules and don't go barefoot (neither of these options supports your foot).
- The problem with the walk across the beach is that it is a stone beach, not a speck of sand in sight, and I am wearing stiletto-heeled mules.
- If you are looking for something more formal or trendy, go with mules, sleek leathers and simple designs and soles.
- Try a ballerina flat, or an open mule with a smartly shaped heel.
- A bare foot is what grips your foot to the shoe and keeps the mules from being treacherous.
- These dolls express the ethos of their time, which has changed considerably in the 40 years since Barbie first wobbled out in her steep stiletto mules.
- Right now, she's into mules, but I'll take any of her slingbacks and high-heeled sandals.
- She chose a pair of jeans instead of a summery skirt, a T-shirt over a singlet top, and mules over sandals.
- Instead, Rasband suggests finding a decent pair of microfiber or leather mules.
- And, unless you are adept at teetering in mules, wearing shoes without tights is uncomfortable, especially if you have to walk more than a few yards.
- Dress code: ‘Sporty geek chic’ for guys and ‘chichi, with mules and push-up bras’ for dolls.
- Avoid skinny heels, even if they're low, and avoid mules or slingbacks until you're more comfortable.
- Soft or hard sole slippers, moccasins, slip-ons or mules - these are just a few of the appealing styles you can find.
- Throwbacks to a swell fashion trend of yesteryear, they spice up any pair of shoes, from ballet flats to mules or slinky stilettos.
- She set down her bag and kicked off her tan suede mules as she walked back to her bedroom.
- I prefer to go barefoot, but I have trainers, high heeled mules, loafers and flipflops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.