In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mula femeninoas stubborn as a mule — más terco que una mula
- Silene was waiting for me as I unloaded the mule and dragged the sacks of flour into the kitchen.
- To get up the hill, we had to ride these adorable mules.
- Instead we often get stuck riding a reliable mule up a rough trail.
- The world's first cloned mule was born on May 4, 2003.
- They hopped off their horses, not bothering to unload the mules.
- As hybrids, mules are almost always sterile.
- He entered the cocoa industry but after its decline started his own transport business with mule carts.
- But because mules are sterile, breeding new champions is difficult.
- The shock came yesterday, after one of the mules kicked another.
- At the edge of her mind, she heard a mule braying loudly, in fear.
- My mother dumped me like an old mule to be left for death.
- Christopher grabbed a coffee cup out of the pack that the mule was carrying.
- A popular method is to have mules carry different gun parts to their destination.
- The mules were unloaded and swam across, following the bell mare.
- Being the offspring of a male donkey and a mare, mules are sterile.
- The pack mules carrying the gold ore scattered in all directions, spilling ore over a wide area.
- Now, scientists at the University of Idaho have successfully cloned a mule.
- The Israelites used various beasts of burden - mules, horses, camels and oxen.
- There was a farmer who wanted to get rid of this old mule.
- It is like being kicked by a mule in the chest.
cruce de burro y yegua
1chinela femeninopantufla femenino
- The pointy-toed trend is prevalent in practically every style from slingbacks and mules to flats, boots and everything in between.
- Munro shoes also designed the Duet sandal, a sophisticated shoe, that is a hybrid of a mule and sandal.
- I also don't think I can continue to wear my loafer mules for much longer.
- A bare foot is what grips your foot to the shoe and keeps the mules from being treacherous.
- I prefer to go barefoot, but I have trainers, high heeled mules, loafers and flipflops.
- This spring, watch out for flat mules as a big trend.
- Try a ballerina flat, or an open mule with a smartly shaped heel.
- Instead, Rasband suggests finding a decent pair of microfiber or leather mules.
- Avoid shallow styles like most sandals and mules and don't go barefoot (neither of these options supports your foot).
- Avoid skinny heels, even if they're low, and avoid mules or slingbacks until you're more comfortable.
- And, unless you are adept at teetering in mules, wearing shoes without tights is uncomfortable, especially if you have to walk more than a few yards.
- These dolls express the ethos of their time, which has changed considerably in the 40 years since Barbie first wobbled out in her steep stiletto mules.
- She chose a pair of jeans instead of a summery skirt, a T-shirt over a singlet top, and mules over sandals.
- Throwbacks to a swell fashion trend of yesteryear, they spice up any pair of shoes, from ballet flats to mules or slinky stilettos.
- She set down her bag and kicked off her tan suede mules as she walked back to her bedroom.
- If you are looking for something more formal or trendy, go with mules, sleek leathers and simple designs and soles.
- Right now, she's into mules, but I'll take any of her slingbacks and high-heeled sandals.
- The problem with the walk across the beach is that it is a stone beach, not a speck of sand in sight, and I am wearing stiletto-heeled mules.
- Soft or hard sole slippers, moccasins, slip-ons or mules - these are just a few of the appealing styles you can find.
- Dress code: ‘Sporty geek chic’ for guys and ‘chichi, with mules and push-up bras’ for dolls.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.