In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Islamic scholars, or mullahs, took over most classes, prompting him to quit.
- It is the message that is coming from many of these mullahs all over the Muslim world.
- She surprised the gathering, comprising local devotees and mediapersons, when she disclosed that she hailed from a Muslim family and her father is a mullah.
- The country whose order he seeks to overthrow is not ruled by Islamic mullahs or Baathists.
- Fifth, the theocratic monopoly of the mullahs contributes to the closeness of Islamic societies.
- Not only have you joined the ranks of the morally obtuse, but you have done so with an arrogance that would astound a mullah issuing a fatwa.
- It was first created in Lebanon in 1975 by Imam Mussa Sadr, an Iranian mullah who had become leader of the Shi'ite community there.
- And being a member of the clergy or a mullah or some other cleric does not render you an expert on social affairs, or an authority on how people should be permitted to live their lives.
- The Islamic mullah is called for marriages, circumcisions, and burials.
- The mullahs see it as their mission to spread Islam among the unbelievers and some believe they will achieve martyrdom in their attempts to achieve it.
- No women can become a priest in the Orthodox church or a mullah among Muslims.
- Most town mosques are cared for and staffed by a mullah, who conducts religious services at the mosque as well as funerals, weddings, and blessings.
- Ayub Ibrahim Khalifa, who denies the allegations, is a senior mullah and teacher - known as a mufti - at the Masjid Uzman mosque in Upper Seymour Street, Bradford.
- Muslims in those hard corners don't need a mullah Martin Luther, they need freedom from fear.
- A Shiite mullah or imam of such huge importance can't be underestimated.
- The family gathers near sunset in the presence of a mullah, who reads from the Qu'ran and recites prayers for the dead over the food.
- The samaj deals with issues such as the maintenance of the local mosque, support of a mullah, and settling village disputes.
- Indeed, the mullahs could end up controlling a mayor's office in Najaf and losing everything in Iran.
- Among Muslims, the mullah or priest will visit a house within three days of the birth of a boy to recite holy words, including the Call to Prayer, in the baby's ear.
- The mullahs claimed that the Hidden Imam would protect the new inhabitants of the city against all disasters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.