In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We are a multicultural society that is supposed to welcome and thrive on diversity.
- Britain is a multicultural society, but most people do not live in multicultural communities.
- Being truly multicultural should involve respecting all cultures and traditions, she said.
- What kind of issues do you face trying to offer multicultural education to these youth?
- The celebration was part of the nursery's multicultural projects and as a leaving party for the school age children.
- I was used to people inviting me to join them for all kinds of multicultural menus.
- As our area is not very multicultural at all, there weren't even any minority groups who could visit and share their culture.
- It is time to say enough is enough before the unique fabric of this multicultural society is destroyed by the enemies within.
- They facilitate the exploration of local identity and are a way of engaging people in multicultural dialogues.
- Our multicultural society will officially tolerate anything except racial or cultural intolerance.
- At the core of my identity as an Australian is our multicultural and multireligious society.
- A multicultural society should be inclusive rather than divisive and this is something we all need to work at.
- We live in a very multicultural society where respect and tolerance are just as important as free speech.
- Nor is the Toronto police force even roughly reflective of the multicultural nature of Toronto.
- This has given the city a modern, functional and multicultural feel.
- The festival last week was charged with a modern-day energy and a multicultural feel.
- The Victorian terraces are owned and rented by a cross section of London's multicultural population.
- I'm proud of our multicultural society, where curry is the nation's favourite dish.
- Their cross cultural and linguistic skills could be especially valuable in a multicultural society.
- But in a supposedly multicultural society like ours, it seems crazy that it should enjoy a monopoly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.