In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1multimillonarioa multimillion pound/dollar deficit — un déficit multimillonario
- The company has since raised €15 million in funding and has won several multimillion euro contracts.
- The investigation of mutual fund misconduct today resulted in a multimillion dollar settlement with one of Wall Street's top firms.
- So much for the multimillion dollar advertising campaign.
- Hundreds of fishermen from across the Mid West will be back on the water tomorrow for the opening day of the State's multimillion dollar rock lobster fishing season.
- The committee also found another multimillion building in the area that is being renovated prior to being sold to a local businessman.
- Or will this whole thing blow over in a months and won't be remembered until the next multimillion dollar big business scandal?
- Since the early l970s, handicrafts have become a multimillion dollar enterprise for artisans and businesspeople on Bali.
- The next step in the multimillion proposed development will be the submission of an application for planning permission.
- The seizure came after another multimillion dollar haul by French authorities in international waters off Trinidad on Saturday.
- Concerns have been expressed in relation to a proposed multimillion pound residential and commercial development for the Crobally area of Tramore.
- Now thanks to a multimillion dollar bailout from State and Federal governments, the airline can fly limited services while it seeks a new owner and future.
- Fishermen have cell phones, which gives them access to multimillion dollar communications networks.
- Then, of course, there was a rush of people from Pakistan, many of whom arrived with nothing but the clothes they were wearing, but went on to create multimillion pound businesses.
- Lo and behold, some multimillion dollar settlement, so to speak, transpired and all of a sudden, the victim was unwilling to testify.
- You know, the supporters of multimillion dollar executive pay packages argue that's the kind of money you need to keep the best and the brightest.
- The closure of the firm's multimillion research operation in Trumpington, Cambridge, is expected to result in the loss of up to 80 highly skilled jobs.
- The multimillion euro initiative seeks to provide care for those most affected and use education to help check the spread of HIV.
- Whatever decisions were made by the legislature that resulted in these multimillion dollar deficits, that's of their own making.
- Well Hurricane Charley tore a path of destruction right through the heart of Florida's multimillion dollar citrus industry.
- The team would also face a multimillion dollar fine if it didn't go.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.