In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They sell the teensy bags you get in supermarket multipacks at full price.
- The calcium-enhanced yogurts, available nationally in mid-June, are sold in six-cup multipacks and are offered in several flavor combinations.
- I can get 25 points and a multipack of dairy milk bars.
- Son has proved he can eat a multipack of chocolate biscuits leaving Dad upset because there were none left for him.
- It produced multipacks of the chocolate bars.
- Feel things may be getting excessive when a multipack of batteries doesn't even come close to filling your toys.
- The company randomly inserted 17 million blue sachets into individual and multipacks of crisps.
- Premium brand manufacturers also had to be price competitive offering more buy-one/get-one free deals and other multipack offers.
- When the company first introduced its Lowfat Yogurt for kids three years ago, it was packaged in quarts, even though competitors offered yogurt in small, convenient multipacks.
- Many Spanish families will have a ham on the go in the same way crasser Northern European families might have a family multipack of crisps.
- For both components, consumers win by spotting a specially labeled can or bottle in 12-packs and larger multipacks.
- As there are regularly special offers, vast multipacks and other confusing permutations on display, sometimes the only way to get the best possible deal is to take a calculator.
- Ike came back in, clutching a six-pack of beer and a multipack of chips.
- But as children get older, the energy-sapping effect of the flickering screen insulates them in their own private world, leaving them only just enough energy to channel-hop or open that multipack of crisps.
- A similar instant-win game running across 4.5 million multipacks offers 22,000 different prizes, ranging in value from $3 to $90.
- Other products include extended-shelf-life and aseptic products in single-serve containers sold at convenience stores and multipacks at club stores.
- Another volume leader are new grocery multipacks with double-digit sales increases.
- For example, kids' juice is available in a multipack of six 8-ounce cartons.
- Other forms of tobacco advertising included multipack discounts and tobacco branded items such as shopping carts, counter mats, and cigarette vending machines.
- And could it do so without cutting into consumers' normal buying behavior of single and multipacks?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.