In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1municipio masculinomunicipalidad femeninocomuna femenino Cono Sur Perú
- The state should distribute some revenue to municipalities such as Pittsburgh.
- If the pilot project is successful, the program could be expanded to other municipalities and cities.
- This year, the elections will be held in four regencies and one municipality in West Java.
- Twenty-two census tracts in 17 municipalities were chosen for the study.
- This project may get a loan of 20 million euros, which will be distributed among seven or eight municipalities.
- Oshawa was a separate municipality adjacent to the County of Ontario.
- There are also four golf clubs in the municipality and temperatures at this time of year make a round of the fairways very pleasant.
- They would be allowed to vote in elections for municipal assembly members and the head of the municipality they live in.
- The need to build dikes was a key factor in causing the early settlers to request status as a municipality.
- In other words, it was hands-off to the province and certainly to the cities, towns and rural municipalities.
- He praised the Demarcation Board for combining many poorly administered towns into single municipalities.
- For determining payment to the municipality or county, the trucks have their own water meters.
- Each municipality described in the study contains municipal as well as community forests.
- Districts in poor municipalities rely on property tax revenues supplemented by state aid to complete their local budgets.
- An agency will be set up by the municipality to buy the flowers from the growers and market it for them.
- So far only three town municipalities in Namibia have their own traffic officers.
- We are studying the development of town blogs in each municipality serviced by a weekly.
- This is a beautiful country and there is a great deal of energy in the municipalities outside the capital.
- Some less-populated and remote counties and municipalities traditionally support certain parties.
- Ali said the money would be used to help finance the operations of four training centers in four municipalities.
- There were no cost-sharing agreements with neighbouring municipalities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.